Friday 13 May 2016

Upper Body Training - 13.5.16

Daily Weight: 164.4lb

Hallelujah, the weekend is finally here! And what glorious weather we've had to finish up the working week...



And weather as gorgeous as this can only mean one thing...


An empty gym - hooray!

I had a really fantastic upper body session and thankfully, all of the soreness from Monday's training had disappeared ready for tonight.

Bench Press
Bar x8
Bar x8
Bar x8
30kg x5
40kg x8
40kg x8
40kg x8

BW Chins
x2
x3 (with assistance - i.e. Emz grabbing my butt!)

Cable Flyes
15kg x12
15kg x12

DB Rows
40lb x8
40lb x8
40lg x7

Lateral Raises 
2.5kg x12
2.5kg x12

SUPERSET WITH

Rear Delt Flyes
2.5kg x10
2.5kg x10

Donkey Kicks (on smith machine)
10kg x12
10kg x12
10kg x12

Frog Pumps
3 x 30

Frog Pumps are most definitely the weirdest exercise that I perform in the gym...



But they are so effective as a finisher - if you haven't tried them, I really recommend that you do.

Today's food has been pretty good. I've hit my macro targets and managed to do so without any real hunger pangs (except for the half an hour before I broke my fast)

Black tea, coffee and water til 1.15pm

Meal One:
Root vegetable mash (carrot, swede & potato) with piri piri chicken
1 pot 2% Greek Yoghurt
2 cheddar cheese sticks
150g strawberries
1 sugar free jelly
1 can Pepsi Max

Meal Two:
2 gluten free wraps with salad cream, salsa, salad (lettuce, peppers & sweetcorn) and 170g roast beef
1 salt and vinegar rice cake
200g fat free Greek yoghurt with 20g whey protein mixed in
1 sugar free jelly

Protein: 152g
Carbs: 155g
Fat: 48g
Total Cals: 1701

Over on carbs by 15g but it's not the end of the world!

There will be no gym over the weekend but I plan to get out into the sunshine as much as I can, hopefully with a lovely long walk along the beach. Enjoy your weekend and I'll be back with another blog post at some point in the next day or two.

Happy #FlexFriday


No comments:

Post a Comment