Tuesday 3 May 2016

Is this thing on?

Wow, it's been a long time since I last blogged! So long in fact, that my old, much loved blog @ jagsfitnessblog has now expired and I have lost all of my old posts forever.  Gutted doesn't even come close to how sad I feel about this. Though I haven't blogged for probably two years, I had 8 years worth of old posts that documented so much of my life and health/fitness journey that are now gone forever.
 
However, this sad turn of events has inspired my to start blogging again, with a fresh start and a new blog.  At this moment in time, I can't say whether my blogging mojo has returned for good but I am feeling motivated to give it another go as I often feel I have so much to say and no real platform to talk about things. Though I'm still quite active on my facebook page and instagram, I don't really have a place where I can get my thoughts down, where I can ramble if I want to, without worrying about boring people who only log onto facebook to look at photos of other people's pets and read about what they're having for dinner.
 
I'm going to try and update regularly and it would be nice to know what you guys want to read about. Though the primary focus of this blog will remain about diet/fitness, I would also like to write about life in general - beauty, fashion, health, music, books, etc.
 
A brief update on me:
 
I'm still living in Swansea with my best friend and lobster...
 
So excited to go shopping for my #engagement #ring tomorrow πŸ’πŸ’•πŸ’– #love #happy #engaged  #fiancΓ© #inlove #sohappy
 
A stunning day in Swansea Bay ☀️❤️ #swansea #swanseamarina ⛵️⚓️πŸ–
 
and we got engaged back on 31st October last year!
 
 
I'm still very much into my weight lifting...
 
It's been an AWESOME year of training ❤️ #gym #gymaddict #gymlife #girlswholift #girlsthatlift #girlsthatsquat #girlswhopowerlift #girlswithmuscle #fit #fitgirl #fitness #fitnessmotivation #fitnessgirls #fitnessaddict #womenwholift #womenthatlift #shelifts #deadlifts #squats #muscle #muscles #femalefitness #instafit #igfitness #strongwoman #strongissexy
 
But I'm also very much getting into yoga...
 
#bendy ✌🏻️
 
I started a new body transformation phase last year, receiving coaching from a friend of mine and have made some excellent progress so far. Though I don't have plans to step on stage and compete, I'm interested to see how much I can transform my physique...
 
Next week will mark one year since I made the decision to really attempt to get in shape. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone but most importantly, I can't believe how much my body has changed. I never believed I'd end up looking the way I do. I'm so proud of myself! ☺️ Huge props to my friend and coach @aledzack for all of his assistance, patience and encouragement ❤️ #weightlossjourney #weightloss #weightlosstransformation #transformation #motivation #diet #dieting #weightlossmotivation #progress #girlswithmuscles #girlsthatlift #girlswholift #gym #gymrat #gymgirl #gymbunny #womenwholift #womenthatlift #figure #fit #fitness #fitspo #fitnessgirl
 
I'm still practising daily fasting (5 years and counting!) and am still following the same 16/8 protocol that I started on back at the beginning of 2011. I doubt that will ever change as it fits my lifestyle so well.
 
I'm still hooked on coffee and steak and my love affair with oats has been reignited since I switched from high fat & low carb to a more moderate intake of both. I'll be posting a more detailed write up of both my current diet and training schedule soon.
 
I'll leave this post here for now but please, do leave me a comment and let me know what sort of posts YOU would like to read from me :)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for that Jo. Really good news about your engagement to your friendly lobster πŸ˜‚ You could keep us up to date with that too. We will need to know when we need a cyber hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll definitely keep you informed once we have a date planned. We both have dreams of getting married on a beautiful warm beach but sadly, at the moment finances don't allow for us to do that. We're saving though and know we'll get our dream one day :)

      Delete
  2. Jo! I'm so glad you are back blogging! I have followed you on FB, but I will not comment there (as they could be read by anyone on the planet) but will happily comment here where it feels more private. I feel we have much in common in our journeys - so I love reading about what you eat, how much you lift and when, what your challenges are mentally and physically. Like you, I'm divorced, have two sons same age as yours, and have found my "lobster" finally! The sneak peeks we get into your personal life are endearing and well, make me just adore you! Thanks so much for sharing all that you do! - Julie from U.S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, thank you so much for your message! Reading it just warmed my heart so much. I'm happy you too have found your lobster :)

      Thank you for reading and for your support, it means so much to me xoxo

      Delete
  3. I am so glad that you are blogging again. I read your blogs at the beginning when you first started and you continued to look great and lost loads of weight/ toned and I didn't continue... I have just looked for your blog jagfitnessblog to look at the start of your journey to know what I need to do. sad that it's been deleted! Where do I start my journey? Low carb? Strength? Cardio? Lol I'll just look forward to your blogs to see what you do X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I was really disappointed to lose all of my old content but am very much enjoying a fresh start and a new name.

      There is no need to follow a low carb diet. A moderate calorie deficit with some strength training and cardio will suffice. I like iifym.com to work out what your calorie/macro requirements should be. If you're a member of a gym you can ask one of the trainers to devise you a beginner full body strength training routine but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)

      Delete