Thursday 12 May 2016

Masochist

Daily Weight: 164.9lb (That post leg day pump)

I'm sure I'm not the only person that gets a sick, twisted sense of satisfaction from totally trashing my muscles in the gym? That delicious feeling of heaviness setting into the muscles within the hour of finishing in the gym. That heaviness totally weighing you down and feeling utterly divine as you make it to bed and sheer exhaustion takes over as you drift into the best sleep ever. No? Just me?

Last night's legs & glutes session was absolutely awesome! I love training high volume on my leg days, my muscles seem to respond really well and I just love the feeling of my muscles filled with blood and pumped to the max. And boy, were they pumped by the time I'd finished!

I started off my session as I always do, with ten minutes of mobility work which includes leg swings (forwards and sideways), hip circles, fire hydrants, dynamic hip flexor stretches, third world squats and lots of body weight squats. Whilst my glute/low back is acting up I also roll my glutes and stretch them before I start, which seems to help somewhat.

Squats are still being kept super light as they aggravate my injury if I start to up the weight too much. However, unlike deadlifts, keeping them light isn't causing any problems at the moment.

Front Squats
Bar x8
Bar x8
Bar x8
30kg x5
40kg x5
40kg x5
40kg x5

Lying Leg Curls
37.5kg x12
37.5kg x12
37.5kg x12

Walking Lunges
10lb Dumbbells x20
10lb Dumbbells x16

I did these as a superset with RDLs.

DB Romanian Deadlifts
30lb x10
30lb x10

Leg Press
170kg x10
170kg x8
170kg x8

Glutes Circuit
I did the following exercises as a circuit with no rest and completed each circuit two times. (I had planned for 3-4 rounds but my glutes were toast!)

Glute Bridges 25kg x15
Banded Clams Extra Strong Band x15
Seated Abductions Extra Strong Band x15

I hobbled my way out of the gym afterwards and have the nicest feeling of DOMS developing as today has wore on. I know I'm sick - I love it!

Food for today is as follows...

Meal One
x1 gluten free wrap with 20g salad cream, 30g salsa, mixed salad (lettuce, peppers & sweetcorn), smoky chicken
x2 mature cheddar cheese sticks
x2 salt and vinegar rice cakes
x1 pot 2% Greek Yoghurt
150g strawberries
x1 can Pepsi Max

Snack
x2 clementines
x2 salt and vinegar rice cakes

Meal Two
x2 M&S 'skinny burgers' with 20g burger mayo
350g mixed veg (broccoli, carrots, green beans & courgette)
50g silverskin onions
x1 vine tomato with 30g reduced fat mozzarella
x1 sugar free jelly
200g fat free Greek yoghurt mixed with 20g strawberry whey


Protein: 150g
Fat: 53g
Carbs: 141g
Total Cals: 1657

Almost perfect macros *high five*

No comments:

Post a Comment