Wednesday 11 May 2016

Daily Food

Daily weight: 164.4lb

The diet seems to be going well and daily weight is coming down slowly. I'm not ruled by the scale - my coach instructed me to daily weigh as very often, "weight loss" can be quite erratic in ladies, especially around their period, due to hormonal changes. I weigh daily and then my spread sheet works out a weekly average, but my *official* weigh day (for me) is on Saturday, the day before and furthest away from my weekly reefed.

Compliance is good and I'm not struggling with any real hunger issues at the moment. I'm still daily fasting for 14-16 hours per day, which I've been doing for over 5 years and is more a way of life for me now than for fat loss reasons. I find dieting so much easier when fasting due to a shorter eating window and larger meals, which definitely helps with satiety.

A number of lovely readers expressed an interest in seeing what I'm eating and what kind of macros I'm hitting and though I don't want this to turn into just an online food diary, I don't mind recording my daily meals/macros and posting a few photos for you.

Today's food intake is as follows:

Black tea, coffee & water up until 1pm.

Meal one:

Root vegetable mash (carrot, swede & potato) with sweet & smoky chicken
1 pot 2% Greek yoghurt
Lemon & Lime sugar free jelly
100g strawberries
1 can Pepsi Max











I'll be hitting the gym after work for an epic lower body session, which will include front squats, RDLs, walking lunges, lying leg curls, leg press, glute bridges, banded clams and seated abductions.  I can't remember the last time I dedicated an entire workout solely to legs and glutes but I'm very excited - bring on the volume and bring on the soreness!

Food for the rest of the day is as follows:

Post workout:
200g fat free Greek yoghurt with 20g strawberry whey protein mixed in

Meal Two:
x2 gluten free wraps filled with salad, spicy chicken, 60g grated mozzarella, salad cream & salsa
50g pickled onions
x2 sliced vine tomatoes

Just so that you can get an idea of my eating window, I typically eat my first meal between 12.30-1.30 depending on hunger levels. Gym at 5pm, with a post workout snack at around 6.30pm and my evening meal will then be between 8-8.30pm. I then fast until the next day, drinking only tea, coffee and water.

Daily macros for today look like this:

Carbs: 149g
Fat: 42g
Protein: 146g
Total Cals: 1599


I'm hoping to get some videos in the gym tonight if it's not too busy and I'll be back tomorrow with another update.

Thanks for reading :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, you used to make peanut butter cups and protein muffins and the like. Could you post some of those great recipes again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow good memory! Yes, I do plan to post some recipes again so watch this space :)

    ReplyDelete