Sunday 29 May 2016

5 Year Anniversary

Daily Weight: 161.8lb

After a horrible couple of days being completely out of action, I finally recovered enough on Friday to celebrate our 5 year anniversary.



I can't believe it's been 5 years, the time has flown by so quickly. And you know what they say - time flies when you're having fun and this is my most favourite adventure yet.

We started our day off the best way we know how - with a squat session at the gym! I had a fantastic legs/glutes session, which included front squats, lying leg curls, walking lunges, DB RDLs, leg press, glute bridges and some banded glutes work. My lower half was completely destroyed by the time I'd finished and I was really happy to have got through it with so much energy. It was a fasted session and the two days prior I'd consumed roughly 800 calories per day, due to being ill.

In the evening we planned to go out for steak and cocktails. We went for a couple of drinks beforehand in a little cocktail bar in the marina and whilst we were there, it started to rain - gah! Neither of us had a coat or an umbrella so we stayed there longer than anticipated and kept drinking. By the time the rain stopped it was almost 10pm so we went to our favourite local Indian restaurant instead as it was closer to walk to.

We had so much fun that night, taking silly selfies on snapchat...





You can add me @ justagirl_78 

Saturday morning, Emz was pretty good for nothing and spent most of the morning lying on the couch feeling very sorry for himself. Considering I'd mixed my drinks (red wine, rum & cider - eek) I actually felt ok apart from a little dehydrated. Once I'd made us cheesy omelettes and we'd eaten some fruit, he was feeling much better and we went for a lovely long walk along the beach and then into town for some food shopping.

He will kill me for posting this but I have to share how proud I am - he looks fantastic!

I'm a very lucky lady!

The scale has jumped slightly in the last two days due to the Indian food - it's the one thing that makes me gain a few lbs of water weight due to the high level of sodium. Prior to this I was 160lb and am hopeful of getting back under 160 by next weekend.

I'm happy with the progress I'm making right now. I'm not as lean as I was last summer but I'm looking thicker and more muscular and that is fine by me!

Hello baby abs!




Please excuse the blurred face - I was having a serious BOBFOC* moment ;-)

My legs are possibly looking the best they ever have - they are starting to lean out nicely and are looking shapely and I actually wore shorts with bare legs out yesterday, which is something I haven't done in years. Though it was out of my comfort zone, once I'd been out for about ten minutes I stopped being so paranoid and caught sight of my legs in a shop mirror and actually thought how strong and shapely they were looking - PROGRESS!

Today is supposed to be a refeed day but because I over indulged on Friday (even though I was technically around 1200 calories under for two days) I'm playing it safe and sticking to regular macros. 

Food for today is as follows:

Black coffee and water til 1.30pm

60 minutes fasted walking

Meal One:
2 slices brown (gluten free bread) with M&S smokey chicken breast
1 Fage coconut Fruyo
1 sugar free jelly
1 can Pepsi Max

Snack:
150g strawberries

Meal Two:
2 skinny burgers 
Broccoli & cauliflower
300g potato wedges
200g Greek yoghurt with 20g whey protein

Macros:
Protein: 130g
Carbs: 159g
Fat: 39g
Total Cals: 1580

Slightly over on carbs and under on fat but I'll be training fasted in the morning and with no structured refeed today, I'm not going to stress it.

Hope you're all having a great bank holiday weekend!



*BOBFOC = body off baywatch, face off crimewatch ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment